[OLSR-users] olsrd 0.4.8 first test

Jens Nachtigall (spam-protected)
Fri Dec 31 09:39:34 CET 2004

Hi Andreas,

> > 1- I've noticed (and like) the new per-interface parameter
> > configuration. However, I'd like to specify some parameters for ALL
> > interfaces and then override these defaults for specific
> > interfaces. Is this possible ?.
>
> At first(0.4.8-pre) the configuration was done by creating interface
> config groups and tieing them to interfaces. But after some
> discussion it was decided that it was all-over easier to just put the
> config directly into the interface section(cut'n paste).
> So it is not possible do set global interface variables.

Maybe something like this would do:
Interface "eth0 wlan0 ..." {...}

This would be downwards compatible to the 0.48 config scheme.

just my 2 ยข

Jens

PS
I have nodes with 2 to 5 ifaces (e.g. VPN tunnels). Usuallly each iface
has the same parameters. This makes the config not nice to maintain
(many lines, redundance).