[OLSR-users] olsrd 0.4.8 first test

Ignacio García Pérez (spam-protected)
Fri Dec 31 12:43:40 CET 2004

> > 1- I've noticed (and like) the new per-interface parameter
> configuration.
> > However, I'd like to specify some parameters for ALL interfaces and then
> > override these defaults for specific interfaces. Is this possible ?.
>
> At first(0.4.8-pre) the configuration was done by creating interface
> config groups and tieing them to interfaces. But after some discussion it
> was decided that it was all-over easier to just put the config directly
> into the interface section(cut'n paste).
> So it is not possible do set global interface variables.

Anyway, it was just a suggestion. I agree in your approach. Not as flexible,
but definitely cleaner. However, in my case, in some nodes I have up to
twelve interfaces and the config file becomes rather bulky. Maybe allowing
for interface-specific parameters to be specified outside of an interface
specification would suffice.

Regards.

Nacho.

---