[Olsr-dev] new olsrd release?

Stefan Sperling (spam-protected)
Sun Jul 16 13:42:36 CEST 2017

On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 01:15:07PM +0200, Ferry Huberts wrote:
> Well if you plan to work on it more I will not make a new release.
> You can easily create a tarball after you clone the repo.
> On the other hand, it is easier to just clone it and work on your fixes on a
> branch. IMHO working from a tarball only increases the clutter.

I am putting my patches into the OpenBSD ports tree, which is
designed to build released software (tarballs).
http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ports/net/olsrd/

I started hacking on olsrd there since the port was badly out of date
(olsrd 0.6.something) and needed an update.
Since then I have been rebuilding the port to test my changes (it creates
an installable package that's easy to deploy on my router).
There are still patches in there which I haven't submitted upstream yet.

So instead I will adjust my workflow and build out of git. Fair enough.

> I'm also waiting on the smart-gateway blacklist feature to land before
> considering a new release.

OK.