[Olsr-dev] Migration from olsrd v1 to v2

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri Jul 10 14:57:39 CEST 2015

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 1:33 PM, Ferry Huberts <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> We (at work) do NOT use it at all.
>
> If you want to avoid flooding it should be on top of olsrd.
> Generally, it should _always_ be on top of olsrd _unless_ it _has_ to be
> part of olsrd.
>
> olsrd is a routing protocol. it should do that and that 'only'.
>
> The current piggy-backing in olsrd v1 is wrong for most plugins.
> It's convenient, but still the wrong place to implement.

Yes... that is why I am asking about the "dense" deployment... with a
dense deployment you can easily do a discovery based on linklocal
multicast... if you don't guarantee a dense deployment, things get
more difficult (because we have no mesh-wide multicast).

Maybe building something that reads netjson output would be a good compromise.

Henning Rogge