[Olsr-dev] Migration from olsrd v1 to v2

Ferry Huberts (spam-protected)
Fri Jul 10 13:33:57 CEST 2015

We (at work) do NOT use it at all.

If you want to avoid flooding it should be on top of olsrd.
Generally, it should _always_ be on top of olsrd _unless_ it _has_ to be
part of olsrd.

olsrd is a routing protocol. it should do that and that 'only'.

The current piggy-backing in olsrd v1 is wrong for most plugins.
It's convenient, but still the wrong place to implement.

Even the sgw system would have been better if it were on top of olsrd
instead of in its core. Then we could have ported it to v2 (or anywhere
else) way way easier.

Providing a comprehensive json interface makes interfacing with olsrd
much easier (at least for applications that only read from olsrd).

--
Ferry Huberts