[Olsr-dev] Olsrd2 (OONF) Release v.0.6.0

Vigneswaran R (spam-protected)
Wed Nov 19 05:37:22 CET 2014

On 11/18/2014 05:43 PM, Henning Rogge wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 1:10 PM, Vigneswaran R <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I noticed that the latest olsrd2 (built from unified 'oonf' git repo) is not
>> listening on the UDP port 269, thus not establishing any routes. On the
>> other hand, if I build the olsrd2 from olsrd2, oonf_api reporsitories, it is
>> working properly. Am I missing something?
>>
>> (I am not using any configuration files. Just specifying the interface name
>> in the command line).
> I just noticed (yesterday evening) some trouble with the static builds
> (some missing plugins) and pushed a fix.
>
> Can you build the current commit again from the oonf-repository?
> oonf_api and olsrd2 repositories should not be necessary.
>
> I was thinking about releasing 0.6.1 this weekend because of the
> problem but was still not finished testing.

Still facing the problem. Tried running olsrd2_static using strace. It
looks like, the daemon is not using the Interface name specified in the
command line. eg.,

     /usr/local/bin/olsrd2_static tap0

I tried testing by putting the interface name in a configuration file.
However, I got the following error.

     # /usr/local/bin/olsrd2_static -l olsrd2.conf
     Cannot find loader for parameter 'Compact'
     Error, unknown config io 'olsrd2.conf'.

The configuration file olsrd2.conf has the following line.

     [interface=tap0]

Vignesh