[Olsr-dev] Problem with compile olsrd on SDK AirmaxOS

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Nov 10 12:31:46 CET 2014

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 12:23 PM, Conrad Lara <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Ultimately I'm a fan of a published   minimum system requirements.

I think "tested for linux 2.6 or higher, but current kernel would be
better" is a good summary.

Kernel 2.6 was already in Attitude Adjustment, so its nothing new.

> I don't have an opinion on what kernel level is supported, but whatever it is any code coming in should be required to run on the minimum supported version.
>
> This applies equally to OLSRD and OLSRD2.  Only way to do that is to set a policy (again haven't seen one published in any readme)

OLSRd2 is still in development mode working towards the first stable version.

I test and develop OLSRd2 against a current Linux (Debian and Fedora
in my case) and test it against OpenWRT Barrier Breaker.

I will consider patches which solve problems for Attitude Adjustment for OLSRd2.

> This also equally applies to any code that may be BSD based, MAC based, etc.

We have no clue what the requirements for Windows and BSD are in
OLSRd, because we did not wrote the code.

> After that it's a different subject of do you bother to accept code for older versions. I would generally say not to as at that point your adding extra code for an unsupported system base and it's that persons responsibility who's compiling for an unsupported install base to make it work.

Like I said above, if you find out what are the problem areas for the
old/end-of-life SDK, I will be looking into it if I see an EASY way to
make it compile again.

Henning Rogge