[Olsr-dev] Problem with compile olsrd on SDK AirmaxOS

Conrad Lara (spam-protected)
Mon Nov 10 12:23:22 CET 2014

Ultimately I'm a fan of a published   minimum system requirements.

I don't have an opinion on what kernel level is supported, but whatever it is any code coming in should be required to run on the minimum supported version.

This applies equally to OLSRD and OLSRD2.  Only way to do that is to set a policy (again haven't seen one published in any readme)

This also equally applies to any code that may be BSD based, MAC based, etc.

After that it's a different subject of do you bother to accept code for older versions. I would generally say not to as at that point your adding extra code for an unsupported system base and it's that persons responsibility who's compiling for an unsupported install base to make it work.

Sent from my iPhone