[Olsr-dev] RFC: Allow to use a specific routing table for dyn_gw_plain

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sat Oct 5 09:42:32 CEST 2013

I like the general idea, but I have a question.

Did you wrote the Netlink code from scratch or do you used some
existing code? I ask because I know (from experience) that netlink
code can be tricky as hell.

Henning Rogge

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 9:05 PM, Manuel Munz <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i needed a way to monitor a specific routing table with the dyn-gw-plain
> plugin (for policy-routing foo). So i modified dyn-gw-plain plugin a bit:
>
> * ask the kernel using a netlink socket for the default route instead of
> parsing /proc/net/route
> * Allow to specify a table which we want to watch for a defaultroute
> with metric 0 in the config file. This defaults to 254 (the main table).
> So if RtTable is unset then the behaviour should be like before.
>
> I'd like to ask for comments about these changes. I usually don't use C
> so i'm not 100% sure these changes are OK. But at least it works as
> expected for me (tested on my desktop which is debian 64 bit and also on
> openwrt).
>
> I'd like to commit that into the master branch after someone has checked
> that it is ok.
>
> Regards, soma

We began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still. We have lingered
long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean. We are ready at last to
set sail for the stars - Carl Sagan