[Olsr-dev] RFC: Allow to use a specific routing table for dyn_gw_plain

Manuel Munz (spam-protected)
Fri Oct 4 21:05:11 CEST 2013

Hi,

i needed a way to monitor a specific routing table with the dyn-gw-plain
plugin (for policy-routing foo). So i modified dyn-gw-plain plugin a bit:

* ask the kernel using a netlink socket for the default route instead of
parsing /proc/net/route
* Allow to specify a table which we want to watch for a defaultroute
with metric 0 in the config file. This defaults to 254 (the main table).
So if RtTable is unset then the behaviour should be like before.

I'd like to ask for comments about these changes. I usually don't use C
so i'm not 100% sure these changes are OK. But at least it works as
expected for me (tested on my desktop which is debian 64 bit and also on
openwrt).

I'd like to commit that into the master branch after someone has checked
that it is ok.

Regards, soma