[Olsr-dev] My experience building olsrdv2 for openwrt

Bastian Bittorf (spam-protected)
Thu Oct 3 09:05:42 CEST 2013

* Will Hawkins <(spam-protected)> [03.10.2013 09:00]:
> Our ad hoc interfaces are configured to be named as <wireless
> device>-<index>. For our current build, our ad hoc interfaces are named
> wlan0-1. Because - is an illegal character in section names, we cannot

This is really important. Normal wifi-interfaces are named in OpenWrt
like "wlan${radio}-${vif}", e.g. for the second radio with the second
virtual interface it is named "wlan1-1". virtual interfaces are e.g.
adhoc+ap together (we call it 'hybrid') on one physical radio.

I'am really curious to make a test on real hardware and a real
(large) network, still preparing collecting the testdata (for comparing)
in the old networks.

bye, bastian