[Olsr-dev] 'debian/' folder should not be included in release tarballs!

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu May 23 08:02:20 CEST 2013

On 05/22/2013 10:19 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> To build the debian package, do this:
>
> 1. go to this page: http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/olsrd
> 2. scroll down and download "olsrd_0.6.x.debian.tar.bz2
> 3. extract tarball into your olsrd source folder (e.g. olsrd/)
> 4. run "dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us"
>
> Then everyone wins!

I just tried this (and removed the olsr.org debian directory before
extracting the tarball) and all I got was an error.

 > pkg-source: error: can't build with source format '3.0 (quilt)': no
upstream tarball found at ../olsrd_0.6.3.orig.tar.{bz2,gz,lzma,xz}
 > dpkg-buildpackage: error: dpkg-source -b olsrd gave error exit status 255

I am not even sure why the /debian directory is a problem, it has been
there during the last debian release and it was no problem.

The funny thing is that with the olsr.org debian directory you get a
deb-file. Yes, it has the wrong version number, but it works.

Henning Rogge

--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE