[Olsr-dev] 'debian/' folder should not be included in release tarballs!

Hans-Christoph Steiner (spam-protected)
Thu May 23 18:00:29 CEST 2013

On 05/23/2013 02:02 AM, Henning Rogge wrote:
> On 05/22/2013 10:19 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> To build the debian package, do this:
>>
>> 1. go to this page: http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/olsrd
>> 2. scroll down and download "olsrd_0.6.x.debian.tar.bz2
>> 3. extract tarball into your olsrd source folder (e.g. olsrd/)
>> 4. run "dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us"
>>
>> Then everyone wins!
>
> I just tried this (and removed the olsr.org debian directory before extracting
> the tarball) and all I got was an error.
>
>> pkg-source: error: can't build with source format '3.0 (quilt)': no upstream tarball found at ../olsrd_0.6.3.orig.tar.{bz2,gz,lzma,xz}
>> dpkg-buildpackage: error: dpkg-source -b olsrd gave error exit status 255
>
> I am not even sure why the /debian directory is a problem, it has been there
> during the last debian release and it was no problem.
>
> The funny thing is that with the olsr.org debian directory you get a deb-file.
> Yes, it has the wrong version number, but it works.
>
> Henning Rogge

I wrote those instructions off the top of the my head. If you agree to remove
the debian/ folder from olsrd.git, I'll happily agree to writing working
instructions.

.hc