[Olsr-dev] 'debian/' folder should not be included in release tarballs!

Bernd Petrovitsch (spam-protected)
Wed May 22 11:11:22 CEST 2013

On Die, 2013-05-21 at 18:49 -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
[....]
> Any honestly, the best solution would be to just remove the debian/ folder
> entirely.  It hasn't been updated since 2010.

IIRC we added it on request of the Debian packager to help/ease/... the
package maintenance and it was - of course - to be maintained by the
Debian packager (as I'm more in the RedHat/Fedora packager world and put
an olsrd.spec file for my own convenience in so that `rpm -ta
olsrd-*.tar.gz` plain simply worked).
I didn't and don't know enough on Debian package maintenance
"procedures"/best practices to decide if these directories (and files)
should be upstream or not.
But if that is upstream, it should (read: must;-) come from the official
downstream maintainer (if only that he may avoid to run his own repo -
that may not be a inconvenience with `git` or `hg` but with `cvs` or
`svn` it definitely is).

	Bernd

PS: Perhaps my idea on "upstream maintenance" vs "distro package
    management" is too optimistic;-)
--
Bernd Petrovitsch                  Email : (spam-protected)
                     LUGA : http://www.luga.at