[Olsr-dev] New plugin: telnet

equinox (spam-protected)
Wed Feb 20 18:03:43 CET 2013

Hi,

Am 2013-02-20 17:43, schrieb Henning Rogge:
> We had something similar than this plugin in the former development branch...
>
> the reason we put it into the core was because we found no clean way
> for one plugin to call each other without the help of the core. Its
> the same in the OONF-Api (which is used by OLSRv2).

Yes and that's what i'm doing. The same way PUD and httpinfo share a
struct inside the olsr_conf i added a struct there too. Of course this
can be turned of at compile time.
This is the only way to do it without the need that the telnet plugin
loads first (even then it's not beatuiful...)

> @Equinox: did you do some tests to call your telnet API from the core
> or from another plugin?

The sample code i added inside my readme is tested and works from other
plugins. I didn't test it from the core but i can't see any difference
between core and plugin when it comes to this. After all its just a
linked list of command structs and 2 call functions...

regards
  christian