[Olsr-dev] New plugin: telnet

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Feb 20 17:43:57 CET 2013

We had something similar than this plugin in the former development branch...

the reason we put it into the core was because we found no clean way
for one plugin to call each other without the help of the core. Its
the same in the OONF-Api (which is used by OLSRv2).

@Equinox: did you do some tests to call your telnet API from the core
or from another plugin?

Henning Rogge

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 5:30 PM, Hans of Guardian
<(spam-protected)> wrote:

> On Feb 20, 2013, at 3:54 AM, equinox wrote:
>
>> Hi,

>>> Any relationship to the telnet code I had on the former master-branch
>>> some time ago?
>>
>> hmmm... no i didn't knew that you where working on that ... at least not
>> for this version of olsrd. I saw that you have a telnet server at the
>> oonf api and thought this would be nice to have for olsrd (v1) as well.
>> The code i added contains a little bit of jsoninfo (initialization of
>> server socket) but besides that it's brand new.
>>
>> regards
>> christian
>
> And I took that code from httpinfo ;).  This sounds very nice!  I can see using it to allow an app to add a button to enable sharing the interface via an HNA.
>
> I tried to review the code, but its in the form of almost 100 patches, making it hard to review.  Can you rebase those into a small set of topical patches?  If the code isn't that long, it probably makes the most sense to make it into a single commit/patch, IMHO.
>
> .hc

We began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still. We have lingured
long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean. We are ready at last to
set sail for the stars - Carl Sagan