[Olsr-dev] New plugin: telnet

Hans of Guardian (spam-protected)
Wed Feb 20 17:30:51 CET 2013

On Feb 20, 2013, at 3:54 AM, equinox wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 2013-02-20 07:59, schrieb Henning Rogge:
>> On 02/20/2013 03:56 AM, equinox wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I wrote a small telnet plugin which allows to change some configuration
>>> options on the fly (without the need to restart the daemon). See detailed
>>> description below...
>>> I also added a tar.gz containing the patch set which is based on current
>>> master branch of the official git repo.
>>>
>>> Please have a look and tell me if you are willing to accept it. Also
>>> it would
>>> be nice if some of you could check if everything the plugin does is
>>> ok. I tested
>>> with valgrind and don't think that there are memory leaks but it would
>>> be good if
>>> somebody who knows the internal data structures would take a look at
>>> what i'm doing.
>>> Especially with adding/enabling and removing/disabling interfaces i'm
>>> not complete
>>> certain....
>>
>> Any relationship to the telnet code I had on the former master-branch
>> some time ago?
>
> hmmm... no i didn't knew that you where working on that ... at least not
> for this version of olsrd. I saw that you have a telnet server at the
> oonf api and thought this would be nice to have for olsrd (v1) as well.
> The code i added contains a little bit of jsoninfo (initialization of
> server socket) but besides that it's brand new.
>
> regards
> christian

And I took that code from httpinfo ;).  This sounds very nice!  I can see using it to allow an app to add a button to enable sharing the interface via an HNA.

I tried to review the code, but its in the form of almost 100 patches, making it hard to review.  Can you rebase those into a small set of topical patches?  If the code isn't that long, it probably makes the most sense to make it into a single commit/patch, IMHO.

.hc