[Olsr-dev] olsrd-extension to spread database trough the net

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue Oct 30 21:12:38 CET 2012

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 9:05 PM, Bastian Bittorf <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> example for our usecase:

I can easily see an usecase... I just want to talk about if this
should be within the routing protocol or not.

> we have a user database (e.g. login-credentials or special properties
> for some mac-addresses). ofcourse you can centralize that and let
> the routers talk to each other if needed (e.g. via https), but much faster
> is a local query, which is possible, if you there is a way to have a recent
> copy of your central database.

> how can this be solved with a daemon? multicast maybe
> next step can be something like a "HNA4" ("message") announcement,
> which every router can update without restarting the daemon 8-)

OLSR does only multicast between the neighbors too.

Henning Rogge

--
Steven Hawkings about cosmic inflation: "An increase of billions of
billions of percent in a tiny fraction of a second. Of course, that