[Olsr-dev] olsrd-extension to spread database trough the net

Bastian Bittorf (spam-protected)
Tue Oct 30 21:05:41 CET 2012

> I wonder if this really should be part of the routing agent...
>
> what is the primary reason for not making it a daemon of its own?

example for our usecase:
we have a user database (e.g. login-credentials or special properties
for some mac-addresses). ofcourse you can centralize that and let
the routers talk to each other if needed (e.g. via https), but much faster
is a local query, which is possible, if you there is a way to have a recent
copy of your central database.

how can this be solved with a daemon? multicast maybe
next step can be something like a "HNA4" ("message") announcement,
which every router can update without restarting the daemon 8-)

bye, bastian