[Olsr-dev] olsr polling/threading/mainloop/scheduler

Ferry Huberts (spam-protected)
Fri Mar 30 16:00:18 CEST 2012

Hi guys,

I've been looking at the scheduler in the current olsr version, stable
branch.

I've seen that the mainloop uses polling of sockets and timers.
I can understand that this design came from the strong desire of not
have threading.

However,...

This setup is killing w.r.t power consumption, and performance too (!)

I propose to have olsr v2 be exclusively event-driven and to use _no_
polling at all.
This (almost automatically) also means that threading will be introduced.

I can help out with the design.

Thoughts?

--
Ferry Huberts