[Olsr-dev] Making easier debug olsrd problems on OpenWRT platform Was: no interfaces detected / 0.6.2 / arch: atheros

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Fri Mar 30 01:52:04 CEST 2012

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 7:52 PM, ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) <
(spam-protected)> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> so we have this big discussion about a (trivial) patch that makes the
> olsrd binary hash different and this makes a pain for olsrd developers
> give proper support on the OpenWRT platform

<joking>
infact this is not a pain for olsrd devlopers, as we now can nearly always
just "happily" say this is an unsupported olsrd version, ... (-;
</joking>

> because we are now all at the battlemesh in person, what about find a
> solution for this ?

good idea!

we (olsrd folks) already had some discussion about this yesterday, and
today,..

and from our point of view, we already found a solution (-;
(= change the openwrt init.d script and just turn on forwarding before
starting olsrd, and turn it off again after it gets stopped, if at this
time no other stuff is using/requiring it)

and if really really needed, we could add a cmdline switch or so, to tell
olsrd to not switch on and switch back off the kernel forwarding setting,..

(but when started with this switch olsrd will likely just exit with an
error message if forwarding is not active, as it makes really no sense to
run olsrd without forwarding enabled!)

Markus