[Olsr-dev] olsr strange behaving / nearly no outgoing packets / patched olsrd

Ferry Huberts (spam-protected)
Fri Jun 29 15:55:43 CEST 2012

On 29-06-12 13:58, Henning Rogge wrote:
> Lets continue this discussion we started last week...

Ok.
Hold on...

Let's 'kill' the master branch as it is now.
It's been 'dead' for a long time.

Best way to do this it to rename it to something like 'experimental' (I
don't know a good name, so if someone comes up with one...)

Then we rename stable to master.

Under git conventions:
- master is used to work towards the next release
- releases are tagged
- branches are to be used for features of which it has not been decided
that they need to be in the next release, or for features that take more
time or pose a risk to destabalising or delaying the next release

> Fact 1: we need a "more stable" stable branch.

why?
tags are to point at stable points.

we should release more often

> Fact 2: we need a place where it is easy for people to commit new stuff.

that would be on the master branch

or on feature branches

> Fact 3: the development branch is dead (only useful for archive purpose).

that would be the current stable / new master

> Any disagreement with this three "facts" ?

yes, see above ;-)

> Henning Rogge
>
> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 1:39 PM, ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto)
> <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>> Because the stable branch could not be really stable, and it changes too often
>>
>> Saverio

>>> why not simply change the openwrt-makefile to
>>> make a git-checkout?
>>>
>>> bye, Bastian
>>
>> --

Ferry Huberts