[Olsr-dev] olsr strange behaving / nearly no outgoing packets

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Jun 28 11:06:44 CEST 2012

On 06/28/2012 10:59 AM, Bastian Bittorf wrote:
>> Something fishy is going on with this dump.
>>
>> These packets are the "tell your neighbors I am gone" packets,
>> which are
>> sent during the shutdown before the sockets are closed.
>
> yes.
>
>> Is "10.63.9.33" a correct neighbor? If yes, the Hello protocol was
>>
>> running, which means there were some other packets being exchanged
>>
>> through the mesh.
>
> yes, 10.63.9.33 is a valid one-hop neighbour via LAN
> what also interesting: fetching the httpinfo-output via

Which means there must have been more Hellos exchanged between your
nodes than you saw in the dump. Can you redo the dump again (start dump,
start OLSR, stop OLSR after a while, stop dump)?

If you still see only this packets, there is a problem with the dump or
the IP/WLAN stack.

> wget -qO - http://127.0.0.1:2006/neigh
>
> lasts very long...5 seconds. something seems "hanging".
> i'am sure it has something to do with the linux network
> stack and the device...but why is netperf + netmsg working,
> but not olsrd?

Good question...

anything unusual in "top" about RAM or CPU load? Any unusual "disk"
activity?

Henning Rogge

--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE