[Olsr-dev] including wifi stats in jsoninfo

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sat Jun 9 23:28:05 CEST 2012

On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 10:57 PM, ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto)
<(spam-protected)> wrote:
>> But if a link metric plugin gathers such information, it makes sense to provide it from olsrd. It shows what info olsrd uses. Could be
>> different than form other sources (...).
>
> Hans, I think the best is to program a standalone daemon that looks
> into that /proc entries or calles iwstuff and then export to JSON.
>
> implementing it as an external JSON source makes it reusable for any
> routing protocol OR olsr plugin that need as input statistics from the
> wireless links

For the direct layer-2 I have already some prototype code I used to
test my DLEP implementation.

its a group of two plugins for the new OLSR-framework, one that reads
the nl80211 netlink interface for layer-2 data and a second one that
allows the to query the collected data via telnet (both in a txtinfo
like form AND json).

If you are interested in this Saverio, you can look into the DLEP
branch in the framework repository on olsr.org.

Steven Hawkings about cosmic inflation: "An increase of billions of
billions of percent in a tiny fraction of a second. Of course, that
was before the present government."