[Olsr-dev] including wifi stats in jsoninfo

Hans-Christoph Steiner (spam-protected)
Sat Jun 9 23:29:30 CEST 2012

On Jun 9, 2012, at 4:57 PM, ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) wrote:

>> But if a link metric plugin gathers such information, it makes sense to provide it from olsrd. It shows what info olsrd uses. Could be
>> different than form other sources (...).
>
> Hans, I think the best is to program a standalone daemon that looks
> into that /proc entries or calles iwstuff and then export to JSON.
>
> implementing it as an external JSON source makes it reusable for any
> routing protocol OR olsr plugin that need as input statistics from the
> wireless links

If it was possible to get the info from olsrd in a public API, then it would be nice to have a standalone jsoninfo daemon that queries a bunch of sources.  But since currently, jsoninfo needs to be an olsrd plugin to get the olsrd info, I think it makes sense to include some non-olsrd info that can be fetched by reading files, etc. (i.e. /proc, /sys, etc/).

.hc