[Olsr-dev] changing 'linux' macro to __linux__ or __gnu_linux__

Hans-Christoph Steiner (spam-protected)
Fri Feb 3 18:22:59 CET 2012

On 02/03/2012 03:12 AM, Henning Rogge wrote:
> On 02/02/2012 05:23 PM, Ferry Huberts wrote:
>>

>> On 01-02-12 20:56, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>>> If people are amenable, I'll post a patch. This isn't so much to fix a
>>> specific issue now, but rather to prevent issues from arising in the
>>> future.
>>
>> NACK
>>
>> it fixes nothing.
>> fix issues when they arise.
> The "fix issues when they arise" was one of the reason I started doing a
> clean rewrite of lots of basic code in OLSRd. If you don't clean up the
> code and refactor it from time to time, you end up with working code
> that is very hard to maintain.
>
> So yes, I would be interested in a sane solution for the platform
> dependent macros. I hope we can get rid of most of them, but maybe a few
> of them will have to stay.

A few are inevitable in my experience.  One nice thing about using the
compiler-defined macros is that it makes it easy for people to switch
build systems since you don't have to track down which -D flags you
might need.  You can just drop the C files into a project they should build.

.hc