[Olsr-dev] Repository conversion finished

Hans-Christoph Steiner (spam-protected)
Wed Aug 15 20:09:40 CEST 2012

On 08/15/2012 02:02 PM, Henning Rogge wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 7:56 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner
> <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>>> we don't want any merges between master and release branches.
>>
>> I see, you're saying, as a rule, we should not be merging between
>> branches.  I agree.  It sounded to me like you were saying it is
>> technically impossible.
>
> I just tried to state some rules how we want people to handle the new
> repository... if it doesn't work out, we might be looking into access
> control, most likely be using the bugtrackers database.
>
> Henning Rogge

How about we add all of this info including the rules to the git page on
olsr.org?  I think we should use the "how to use git" page for this:
http://olsr.org/?q=node/50

We should strip out the HOWTO instructions and replace it to a link to
the Git Book, then make that page all about how the olsrd.git and the
other repos are setup, what they are for, how they are used, and the
rules of usage.

.hc