[Olsr-dev] mac80211 / link-bandwith from userland forcostcalculation / plugin

Mitar (spam-protected)
Tue Sep 14 08:09:05 CEST 2010

Hi!

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 7:50 AM, Henning Rogge
<(spam-protected)> wrote:
>> (data rate, RSSI)

Is RSSI really measured on different hardware the same? We tried do
add this into reporting for our nodes but it simply looks like every
driver/manufacturer uses this its own way. Will this be something
mac80211 will unite/make comparable?

And of course the question is data rate and RSSI of what? Connection?
Interface? Can some interface send to different clients with different
data rate? What about in ad-hoc?

http://www.rigacci.org/wiki/doku.php/doc/appunti/linux/sa/wifi_signal_quality

Mitar