[Olsr-dev] [Olsr-users] OLSRd release 0.6.1

Rogge Henning (spam-protected)
Mon Nov 29 11:21:25 CET 2010

Good to hear this. :)

> > Smartgateway might need adaptions, to be fully useable.
>
> What is needed for that? I suppose a bunch of new options and
> some iptables support code.
SmartGW itself does not need any iptables, just the kernel modules for ipip tunnels.

The important configuration parts at the moment are two boolean switches:

"SmartGateway <yes/no>", which can shut down the whole smartgateway subsystem.
"SmartGatewayUplink <none/ipv4/ipv6/both>", which controls which kind of internet gateway (if available as a HNA) is exported with SmartGateway.

The other options are just for transmitting information about the gateway (upload-speed, download-speed, external ipv6 prefix), which could be used by an improved gateway selector.

> > Txtinfo output added new Gateway and Interface listings,
> that might be
> > worth displaying it to the user,..
>
> Indeed, we can extend the status pages for that.
>
> > maybe there is something else i forgot, as 0.5.6-r7 is already one
> > year old,..
> >
> > but despite this you can (afaik without problems) run 0.6.1 with an
> > unmodified gui.
> > as this changes/features are just "nice-to-haves"
>
> Yes, someone tested it with vanilla OLSRd and there where no
> big issues.
> I'll remove olsrd-luci during the next few days.
If there are no special patches involved, this might be a good way to prevent double work.

Henning Rogge

--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE