[Olsr-dev] [Olsr-users] OLSRd release 0.6.1

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Mon Nov 29 13:40:52 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 11:21 AM, Rogge Henning <
(spam-protected)> wrote:

> [...]
maybe also look into feifunkfirmware (or ask sven-ola),..
and into the smartgatewway section of the README-Olsr-extensions

SmartGW itself does not need any iptables, just the kernel modules for ipip
> tunnels.

yep but the openwrt firewall should handle tun0 on smartgateway-gateways
like the other olsrd interfaces, or at least allow the user to configure
tun0 (as tun0 is usually unconfigured (and unused) *G)

and on the smartgateway clients, it maybe has to do this with our random
named tnl_xxx interfaces,..
(maybe we should name them at least olsrtnl_xxx)

>   The other options are just for transmitting information about the gateway
> (upload-speed, download-speed, external ipv6 prefix), which could be used by
> an improved gateway selector.

hmm does the freifunkfirmware have an user-configureable selector?

>  > Yes, someone tested it with vanilla OLSRd and there where no
> > big issues.
> > I'll remove olsrd-luci during the next few days.

fine,..

> If there are no special patches involved

ACK

Markus