[Olsr-dev] Building on Android

Charles Boyd (spam-protected)
Fri Jun 25 20:52:07 CEST 2010

Hi Everyone.

I notice that most of the compiler warnings which Mitar mentioned come from
the file olsrd/src/linux/kernel_routes_ioctl.c (when trying to compile the
latest version of olsrd). It seems that major changes have happened in the
/linux directory.

The first difference I noted between the new version and the older version
is that linux/kernel_routes.c is no longer there, but instead we have
kernel_routes_ioctl (roughly the same as the old kernel_routes) and a new
kernel_routes_nl.

I get some interesting errors about specific functions in
kernel_routes_ioctrl.c, namely from olsr_ioctrl_add_route6 and
olsr_ioctrl_del_route6. I am also seeing the repeated warnings come up about
"cast increases required alignment of target type".

from add_route6:
src/linux/kernel_routes_ioctl.c:195: error: storage size of 'kernel_route'
isn't known
src/linux/kernel_routes_ioctl.c:200: error: invalid application of 'sizeof'
to incomplete type 'struct in6_rtmsg'
from del_route6:
src/linux/kernel_routes_ioctl.c:296: error: storage size of 'kernel_route'
isn't known
src/linux/kernel_routes_ioctl.c:301: error: invalid application of 'sizeof'
to incomplete type 'struct in6_rtmsg'

Has there been a change in the type definition for in6_rtmsg?

There haven't been too many changes in the _route6 functions, so perhaps
there is some other, more hidden change that's causing these problems.

I will write more later as I find more things out.

- Charles