[Olsr-dev] Building on Android

Mitar (spam-protected)
Fri Jun 25 15:31:25 CEST 2010

Hi!

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 8:01 AM, Sven-Ola Tuecke <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> - There is a command line interface to interact with wpa_supplicant named
> "wpa_cli". wpa_cli uses a named pipe to communicate. On my samsung galaxy, the
> pipe is located somewhere under /data/misc/wifi which may be changed on your
> mobile phone to other location.

When you published your solution I checked it against mine and found
out that it seems we have different WiFi stack on Samsung Galaxy and
mine HTC Hero. If I remember correctly. Because for me I could not
just add a network with wpa_cli and it would work. (I tested this with
your ff script.) And also my wifi interface is not called eth0. So
there are some differences among Android phones on this level it
seems.

I first  had to change/add in /system/etc/wifi/tiwlan.ini:

WiFiAdhoc = 1
dot11DesiredSSID = open.wlan-lj.net
dot11DesiredBSSType = 0

Then I could even see ad-hoc networks in GUI and connect to them. Or
probably just to one of them as SSID is hard-coded.

Then I added configuration of the network to
/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf. But this is probably the same as
adding it dynamically through wpa_cli.

One more thing about "So nothing to worry about: copiler is printing
out hints that something in memory consumes more bytes than
normallly."

I was asking this because last year I have been doing one compiler to
ARM platform and had problems because I misaligned stack (to 4 bytes
and not to 8 as Debian ABI for armel platform specifies) before
calling standard lib functions which then behaved really really
interesting - while still working. For example printf still worked,
but for unicode strings it threw out all accents. Sometimes. So it
depended on how much code there was in a program. One more code line
and printf worked as it should. One less and it did funny things. 4
bytes. ;-)

But probably GCC is smart enough to take care of all this when some of
structures oversize. I just wanted to be sure. I like make programs
compiling without any warnings with -Wall.

Mitar