[Olsr-dev] olsrd dynamic hna

Mitar (spam-protected)
Sat Jul 3 20:46:27 CEST 2010

Hi!

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 5:16 PM, ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto)
<(spam-protected)> wrote:
> There is any plugin that now uses SIGUSR1 ??

Yes. One our internal plugin uses SIGUSR1:

http://lists.olsr.org/pipermail/olsr-dev/2010-April/003711.html

Could you maybe use SIGHUP? It is quite common to use it for reloading
the config.

There was an idea to make an API where plugins could register a
handler for signal and olsrd would then run them in series. But
currently there is nothing yet.

> If you think the approach is feasible, and if you think that reloading
> the config file has some benefit also for other application scenarios,
> we can clean up our patch and push it to the repository.

It is definitely a feature which is missing in OLSR for production use
(it is really bad when we have to reset the olsrd on our VPN server
just to reload the config). But I think that there is probably some
more work needed for this to work properly than just reloading config?
Plugins maybe have to reinitialize their structures if you change
configuration?

Mitar