[Olsr-dev] olsrd dynamic hna

ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) (spam-protected)
Sat Jul 3 17:16:42 CEST 2010

I'm with Gioacchino at the Italian Hackmeeting.

We solved this problem making a little trivial and dirty patch. We
read again the configuration file after olsr is running, but we have
modified the file inserting the changed HNA.

We use SIGUSR1 to trigger OLSR and call
olsrmain_load_config("/tmp/olsr.conf") that reads a new temporary
configuration file with the new hna. It is a very little piece of
code, no need to do a all new plugin.

There is any plugin that now uses SIGUSR1 ??
I'm not very good in Unix and Signals... so please if I did some big
mistake tell me.

If you think the approach is feasible, and if you think that reloading
the config file has some benefit also for other application scenarios,
we can clean up our patch and push it to the repository.

ciao !

Saverio and Gioacchino