[Olsr-dev] olsrd dynamic hna

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sun Jul 4 00:09:43 CEST 2010

Am Samstag 03 Juli 2010, 20:46:27 schrieb Mitar:
> Hi!
>
> On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 5:16 PM, ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto)
>
> <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> > There is any plugin that now uses SIGUSR1 ??
>
> Yes. One our internal plugin uses SIGUSR1:
>
> http://lists.olsr.org/pipermail/olsr-dev/2010-April/003711.html
>
> Could you maybe use SIGHUP? It is quite common to use it for reloading
> the config.
>
> There was an idea to make an API where plugins could register a
> handler for signal and olsrd would then run them in series. But
> currently there is nothing yet.
>
> > If you think the approach is feasible, and if you think that reloading
> > the config file has some benefit also for other application scenarios,
> > we can clean up our patch and push it to the repository.
>
> It is definitely a feature which is missing in OLSR for production use
> (it is really bad when we have to reset the olsrd on our VPN server
> just to reload the config). But I think that there is probably some
> more work needed for this to work properly than just reloading config?
> Plugins maybe have to reinitialize their structures if you change
> configuration?
One of the plans for OLSRd 0.7.0 is a better configuration management.

We already have an internal telnet server so plugins can just add a command of
their own without any server code, but the config system is on our list too.

But it will have to wait until I got OLSRv2 running.

Henning Rogge

--
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.