[Olsr-dev] Client Roaming Plugin

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Wed Jan 20 23:49:53 CET 2010

Hi

some weeks ago we (henning & me) were chatting about similar stuff,..

we had 2 approaches in mind afair

one with a a lightweight client app (with no need to have root privileges)
(the benefit of this would be to reuse olsrd linksensing, and imho easier
switching to another "master")

and the second approach was very similar to yours.
we where also thinking to use hnas to announce the client

but hans introduce problems on handovers,.. (as they need some time to
time-out)

i think this is what u want to achieve/cure with "new olsrd" messages?

btw. does your plugin require a distinct interface or VAP or is your
plugin capable of providing same functinoality on an alias ip of the adhoc
interface (that olsrd is using aswell)?

Markus

--
lg Markus