[Olsr-dev] [WLANware] GSoC 2010 - Olsrd questions for Freimap

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri Aug 6 16:11:08 CEST 2010

Am Freitag 06 August 2010, 16:03:45 schrieb Joe Gio:
> Couldn't plugins that want to advertise data post to an area of shared
> memory that other plugins might access for ipc, sort of like how gpsd
> and ntp communicate ? The plugins could handle this themselves now then
> the olsr core could handle this in the future.
The problem is that at the moment there is no way for a plugin to access the
variables of another one, and there is so concept of plugin dependencies. It
sounds interesting, but I don't think it will be necessary for the next
version of OLSRd, because most use cases are just for publishing data from a
plugin through txtinfo or similar.

In the master branch the telnet server code is in the core, so each plugin can
just add it's own commands just by writing a few callbacks.

Henning Rogge

--
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.