[Olsr-dev] [OLSR-dev] OLSR for Windows Mobile platforms by Moviquity

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue Jul 14 16:40:57 CEST 2009

Am Tue July 14 2009 09:25:39 schrieb Victor Gras Valenti:
> I would like to know whether you found some similar problem and you know
> some pre-existing solution to this, in order to evaluate it and compare it
> with ours. Our intention is to keep testing the validity of our solution,
> and document it in order to disseminate it to the public.
We (the group in Berlin with Elektra that worked on OLSR in 2005 I think)
discovered that OLSR with RFC conform hopcount metric is nearly useless for
most mesh networks. Thats why OLSRd use a link metrix (ETX at the moment).

Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge
Forschungsgesellschaft für
Angewandte Naturwissenschaften e. V. (FGAN)
Neuenahrer Str. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Tel.: 0049 (0)228 9435-961
Fax: 0049 (0)228 9435-685
E-Mail: (spam-protected)
Web: www.fgan.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn VR 2530
Vorstand: Prof. Dr. M. Tacke (komm. Vors.), Prof. Dr. J. Ender (Stellv.)