[Olsr-dev] Running applications on top of OLSR

Ayan Roy-Chowdhury (spam-protected)
Tue Dec 1 20:45:54 CET 2009

Hi All,

(I am not sure if this issue has been addressed here in the past -
please pardon in case of repeat.)

We are running olsrd in a wireless emulation testbed of 60 nodes.
We have a custom application that sends and receives data packets
and computes various metrics like packet loss, delay, throughput.
We would like to use this application to analyze the performance of
olsrd on our testbed.

My question is: how do we ensure that when the application sends
data, it is forwarded by the olsrd interface on the source node,
and is routed across the network as OLSR payload to the destination,
where it is received by our custom application on the olsrd interface?
Do we have to make any specific additions to our application code
so that the application binds to the same socket used by olsrd?
Or do we need to load the application as a plugin module for olsrd?

Thanks in advance.
Ayan Roy-Chowdhury