[Olsr-dev] olsrd without link sensing

Giovanni Di Stasi (spam-protected)
Tue Jun 24 10:35:42 CEST 2008

Il Tuesday 24 June 2008 08:56:48 Henning Rogge ha scritto:
> Am Dienstag 24 Juni 2008 00:14:30 schrieb Giovanni Di Stasi:
> > > Giovanni, you know that the current olsr.org version uses ETX and not
> > > hopcount anymore, right?
> >
> > > Next targets are ETT and MIC.
> >
> > Our routing strategy is based on a multi-path strategy (in the sense that
> > packets that belong to the same connection can go different ways).
>
> OLSR doesn't care for connections... so olsrd use the same "strategy".

I don't think so (I think I didn't make myself clear). Olsrd sends all the
packets destined to the same destination to the same next hop (until, at
least, the topology changes, but that doesn't happen on a per-packet basis).
However my concern, now, is not about these differences, but about the
possibility for me to pass neighbors and links on to olsrd.
I think things should be ok if I add that information from inside a plugin. Do
you agree?

Thanks

--
Giovanni Di Stasi, Junior Researcher
Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica

Phone:    +39 081 7683821
Fax:      +39 081 7683816
E-mail:   (spam-protected)