[Olsr-dev] bmf and IGMP

Joe Gio (spam-protected)
Sun Jul 27 05:19:49 CEST 2008

Erik Tromp wrote:
>> I think that capturing IGMP reports on the wired interface
>> and advertising them on the wireless interface via HNA would be neat.
>> On the idea of an IGMP-Proxy plugin kind of like the Quagga plugin.
>>
>> JoeGio
>>

> In fact this is already implemented by BMF. Simply define the wired
> interface as a non-OSLR interface, e.g.
>
> LoadPlugin "olsrd_bmf.so.1.6.1"
> {
>   # List of non-OLSR interfaces to include
>   PlParam     "NonOlsrIf"  "eth2"
> }
>
> All multicast- (and, if configured, broadcast-) data captured on
> any of the defined non-OLSR interfaces will be forwarded into the
> OLSR clowd (and vice versa), including packets sent to 224.0.0.22 .
>
> See also paragraph 7 and 8 of the README_BMF.txt .
>
> Erik

Erik
I was thinking about forwarding the subscriptions via HNA so that a node
is associated with a given subscription.
We really don't care what the true host/subnet might be, just the node
within that wireless subnet and the cost to that node so that gateways
running something like PIM could make intelligent forwarding decisions.
Since HNA is going out already, we really don't need to flood IGMP/PIM
messages as well.

Joe