[Olsr-dev] bmf and IGMP

Erik Tromp (spam-protected)
Sat Jul 26 17:24:33 CEST 2008

> I think that capturing IGMP reports on the wired interface
> and advertising them on the wireless interface via HNA would be neat.
> On the idea of an IGMP-Proxy plugin kind of like the Quagga plugin.
>
> JoeGio

In fact this is already implemented by BMF. Simply define the wired
interface as a non-OSLR interface, e.g.

LoadPlugin "olsrd_bmf.so.1.6.1"
{
  # List of non-OLSR interfaces to include
  PlParam     "NonOlsrIf"  "eth2"
}

All multicast- (and, if configured, broadcast-) data captured on
any of the defined non-OLSR interfaces will be forwarded into the
OLSR clowd (and vice versa), including packets sent to 224.0.0.22 .

See also paragraph 7 and 8 of the README_BMF.txt .

Erik