[Olsr-dev] Testsetup

Klaus Darilion (spam-protected)
Mon Jul 21 12:55:48 CEST 2008

Resul Cetin schrieb:
> Hello everybody,
>
> has anybody experience by building a testsetup for OLSR. Im a newbie and
> it would be nice if somebody could explain me how can I make a testsetup
> with 4 or 5 nodes.
>
> Can anybody help me, or give some howto about this...

I have several virtual machines running (VM player in bridged mode) on
my PC. In the virtual machines I use Linux. To avoid that each virtual
machine sees all the other machines I block them in iptables at layer 2
(MAC address). So I can build any topology.

Of course with this setup you can not simulate WiFi behaviour (packet
loss ...)

regards
klaus