[Olsr-dev] Testsetup

David Murray (spam-protected)
Sat Jul 19 05:15:23 CEST 2008

Resul Cetin wrote:
> Hii David,
>
> first thank you for you comment..
>
> I didnt install it on any pc. I will try to make some test about the paket
> loss and about the paket forwarding. With this test I will try to find out
> for example something about:
>
> -delay
> -paket forwarding

Keep in mind that OLSR works over the IP layer. This means that it will
work with any technology that talks IP.
> It should be some kind of "professional". Im thinking to do it with sime
> Linksys Router.

It really depends what you are interested in. If you are only interested
in single radio networks then the Linksys WRT GL's will be the best
value for money and are well tested. The only problem is that they lack
the customization of a PC or a more serious embedded platform.
> Did you ever make test in this kind? Do you know if there exist a small
> picture about the testbed ?

My testbed runs off 8 dual radio ALIX boards from PCEngines. Sorry but I
don't have a picture. Best idea is to jump in, get OLSR installed and
start looking at a simple OLSR topology.

Dave