[Olsr-dev] Testsetup

David Murray (spam-protected)
Fri Jul 18 05:08:11 CEST 2008

Hi Resul,

I think your testbed should reflect the scenario that you are testing
for. Perhaps the cheapest way would be to go an buy 5 Linksys WRT
routers. Another option, that may give you additional flexibility to
change and modify parts of OLSR is to use small form factor PCs. In the
past I have bought a whole bunch of celeron 700Mhz machines with two pci
slots from a company who was getting rid of them. If you wanted new
stuff you could look at some of the VIA EPIA PC's. Another option is to
go for more serious embedded platform. I use the WRAP/ALIX platform but
there are many others out there.

To summarize, I think you need to define your aims a little better
before you look into buying 4 -5 nodes specifically for OLSR. Have you
installed it on a few PC's to get the an idea of how it works?

Best of luck
Dave