[Olsr-dev] LinkQualityMult support for olsrd development branch

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue Apr 22 11:47:19 CEST 2008

Am Dienstag 22 April 2008 08:33:17 schrieb David Murray:
> Hi Henning,
>
> I installed the code from [1] on a couple of my multi interface nodes
> today. It appears to be working but there were a couple of problems
> that made it difficult for me to test further.
>
> One problem was that when I probed olsr textinfo with 'wget
> 127.0.0.1:2006 -qO -' it appeared to misreport routes in the olsr
> routes output and this prevented me from testing further. As olsr was
> routing ok I presume that the problem is just an output thing.
>
> Another thing that I noticed was that with this new code, links in my
> network links that (with olsr-5.5) have a metric of 1, now have a
> metric of 1.6 - 2.2 (using the code at [1]). I had the understanding
> that currently you were rewriting the metric component of OLSR to allow
> it to be more modular, and allow  people to experiment with metrics in
> a plugin like manner.
The old ETX calculation has some bugs, so this might happen.

> If you can fix the problem with routes being misreported in textinfo I
> would be happy to help you test further.

I just pushed an update into the tree that fixed a bug in an avl tree
modification. Txtinfo is working normaly now (at least in my simulation).

http://gredler.at/hg/olsrd-linkset-refactoring/

Diplom Informatiker Henning Rogge
Forschungsgesellschaft für
Angewandte Naturwissenschaften e. V. (FGAN)
Neuenahrer Str. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Tel.: 0049 (0)228 9435-961
Fax: 0049 (0)228 9435-685
E-Mail: (spam-protected)
Web: www.fgan.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn VR 2530
Vorstand: Dr. rer. nat. Ralf Dornhaus (Vors.), Prof. Dr. Joachim Ender
(Stellv.)