[Olsr-dev] LinkQualityMult support for olsrd development branch

David Murray (spam-protected)
Tue Apr 22 08:33:17 CEST 2008

Hi Henning,

I installed the code from [1] on a couple of my multi interface nodes
today. It appears to be working but there were a couple of problems
that made it difficult for me to test further.

One problem was that when I probed olsr textinfo with 'wget
127.0.0.1:2006 -qO -' it appeared to misreport routes in the olsr
routes output and this prevented me from testing further. As olsr was
routing ok I presume that the problem is just an output thing.

Another thing that I noticed was that with this new code, links in my
network links that (with olsr-5.5) have a metric of 1, now have a
metric of 1.6 - 2.2 (using the code at [1]). I had the understanding
that currently you were rewriting the metric component of OLSR to allow
it to be more modular, and allow  people to experiment with metrics in
a plugin like manner.

If you can fix the problem with routes being misreported in textinfo I
would be happy to help you test further.

Thanks
Dave

[1] http://gredler.at/hg/olsrd-linkset-refactoring/