[Olsr-dev] Package availability was Re: [Olsr-announce] olsrd-0.5.1 released]

Bernd Petrovitsch (spam-protected)
Mon Jul 9 10:30:13 CEST 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 09:27 +0200, Roar Bjørgum Rotvik wrote:
[....]
> I just sent RPM for FC6 to Andreas. I guess he will upload them to www.olsr.org soon when
> he has time. It may work fine for Fedora 7, I don't think olsrd depends on external
> packages, so no dependency problems.
>
> But I have had problems running binaries compiled with gcc 4.x on FC6 to run on FC4
> distros (get math overflow or something, guess the toolchain on FC6 is not backwards
> compatible to FC4).

The "RPM world" knows this but it is usually quite painless to `rpmbuild
--rebuild` the .src.rpm on the target host (and at least /me does it
since I have sth. like different versions on i386 and x86_64 around).

And since the OLSTD don't need external libs (except the standard  C lib
of course;-), it should work on FC?,F7, RHEL?, CentOS*,WhiteBoxLinux*
for all architectures - perhaps/probably even on SuSE and other RPM
based distros.

	Bernd
          Embedded Linux Development and Services