[Olsr-dev] Package availability was Re: [Olsr-announce] olsrd-0.5.1 released]

Roar Bjørgum Rotvik (spam-protected)
Mon Jul 9 11:50:55 CEST 2007

Bernd Petrovitsch wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 09:27 +0200, Roar Bjørgum Rotvik wrote:
>
> The "RPM world" knows this but it is usually quite painless to `rpmbuild
> --rebuild` the .src.rpm on the target host (and at least /me does it
> since I have sth. like different versions on i386 and x86_64 around).
>
> And since the OLSTD don't need external libs (except the standard  C lib
> of course;-), it should work on FC?,F7, RHEL?, CentOS*,WhiteBoxLinux*
> for all architectures - perhaps/probably even on SuSE and other RPM
> based distros.

Yes, the SRPM file should be able to be rebuilt on other RPM based distros without any
changes. But I have not the time or availability to test this on many platforms, but
anyone having problems with this is free to report it to this list.

--
Roar Bjørgum Rotvik