[olsr-dev] Re-send: new version of OLSR multicast plugin
Tue Jan 16 09:02:20 CET 2007
A new version of the OLSR Basic Multicast Forwarding (BMF) plug-in is
Here is the change log with respect to the previous version:
* Added the possibility to configure the BMF network interface: name (e.g.
"bmf0"), type (tun or tap), IP address and subnet mask.
* Flooding of local broadcast packets (e.g. with destination IP address
192.168.1.255) can now be turned off by configuration.
* When an application sends packets to the BMF network interface, BMF also
floods these packets over the OLSR network. This makes it possible to use
the BMF network interface as *the* multicast network interface; no more
worries about which network interface to use for sending and which for
* Removed the TTL decrementing. This makes it possible for equipment,
connected to a non-OLSR interface, to send their IGMP messages (TTL = 1) to
a fixed multicast router (running e.g. mrouted - DVMRP) on another host in
the OLSR network. In this way, a whole OLSR network, including its non-OLSR
capable hosts, can be made multicast-routable from a fixed multicast-enabled
* Removed the check for 'IsNullMacAddress' when creating a network interface
object. The check was not necessary. Removing the check makes BMF work on
non-ethernet interfaces such as a ppp interface.
* Bug fix: in case there are multiple OLSR interfaces, when an application
sends packets to one OLSR interface, BMF did not flood these packets via the
other OLSR interfaces. This is fixed. Also, packets sent to an OLSR
interface are transmitted on the non-OLSR interfaces.
The source package can be downloaded at:
Have fun with it!
More information about the Olsr-dev